Thursday, December 28, 2006

OneNote rocks

I don't know if you have ever used Microsoft OneNote--it's still kind of a secret--but I recommend it to those who like to keep their meeting and other notes in electronic form.

It's a great way to keep your notes organized, instead of having to manage dozens of Word docs. But then it's easy to create Word docs (or PDFs) or email from your notes to send out to colleagues.

It also integrates with other Office applications, especially in Office 2007 where it links nicely to Outlook.

You can get a free trial of the new OneNote 2007 here.

I have been using OneNote for over a year now and upgraded to OneNote 2007 during the beta. It's been very helpful and has kept me more organized! I'm excited to finally get a tablet PC so I can use the writing and drawing features!

4 comments:

@binarybrewery said...

Wait a second, you got a tablet PC? How'd you swing that???

Joelsef said...

I use OneNote on my T60 at work. We bought an X60t for home where my wife gets to play with it.

CHASS Research, Extension, Engagement and Economic Development said...

I googled "Onenote Rocks" on Google, because it does! And you're absolutely right--this software is really, really useful. I love the print to Endnote feature in Endnote 2007--you can print and it saves an image, but it does OCR so you can search text in images. And the searching works really well. I think this and Excel are the two programs that MSFT really got right.

Anonymous said...

I too searched "onenote rocks" and found this. and it does rock. easy to use, extremely userfriendly and fast but powerful.. why cant all of microsofts products be like this...