UPDATE ON 11/22/2008: This was written way back when I was working with WSS 2.0/SharePoint 2003. Please see Ryan's blog post for some updates with regards to WSS 3.0/MOSS 2007.
I came across this tip a while back, and had to reconfigure one of our document libraries today because I broke it. I figured I'd put the tip here in case I forgot it again, since I can't find it again.
How to make a Recently Updated view in a SharePoint Document Library
- In the document library, click Modify settings and columns
- Under Columns, click Add a new column
- Add a column called "Today" as a Single line of text column.
- Click Add a new column again and add a column called "ViewUntil" with the following settings:
- Type: Calculated (calculation based on other columns)
- Formula: [Today]+7
- Data type returned: Date and Time, Format: Date Only
- Unclick Add to default view
- Under Filter, select Show items only when the following is true
- Show the items when column "ViewUntil" "is greater than or equal to" "[Today]" And "Modified" "is greater than or equal to" "5/4/2006" (replace with the date from seven days ago)